We got into town around 5/6pm and took a shuttle to the hotel. The Venetian is gorgeous- it's got an Italian theme to it from the ceilings, the gold, there's even a gondola ride in the hotel mall/shopping area. My best friend Kylene had stayed there a few years ago and suggested it for our trip- great recommendation! The staff was super friendly and the hotel even smelled good everywhere we went- even in the casinos where people are smoking- unless you are right next to the person, you can't tell at all- they seriously must pump perfume into the air all over that place. And our room was amazing- a super comfy king size bed with a sunken living room, remote controlled curtains, and flat screen TVs everywhere.
We had a celebrity sighting in the hotel as well. There is a Grand Luxe Cafe in the Venetian which we were stoked about because we used to love to go there in Chicago- they have this one amazing appetizer called "asian nachos" which are awesome. So we went to grab some of those before our show that night and as they seated us, D notices this guy sitting at the table opposite of us and he looks so familiar. I turned around and looked at him and immediately thought "i know him." Well, it was the big ole prisoner guy from "The Green Mile", Michael Clarke Duncan. Yes, he is HUGE in person too. SO that was a pretty random way to kick off our vacation.
Our first night in town we saw the Cirque du Soleil show "Zumanity" which was in the NYNY Hotel & Casino. These hotels are crazy confusing to try to navigate- took us foever to find where we were going in there and we kept going in circles and getting lost. But we finally found it and realized how if we had just gone right instead of left, it would have been right there- this was a common theme for me with getting lost in the casinos- I have no internal GPS whatsoever. While waiting for the show to start, there was a roller coaster upstairs that D was interested in, so we went and checked it out to kill some time. I hadn't really paid attention to it when we walked up to the hotel and I didn't take serious the signs posted while waiting in line about taking off all jewelry and emptying all pockets- I thought they were just being overly cautious. Yeah... it went really high and really fast and I totally felt like everything was gonna fall out of my pockets even though I had on not-loose jeans- yikes!!! So after that excitement, we went and saw Zumanity. It was a good show- very "adult" themed and lots of half naked people- very Vegas.
By this time I was exhausted- Vegas is two hours behind us, so even though it was like 12am in Vegas, it was 2am in VA and I usually go to bed around 10 or 11 at the latest- so yeah, I was super exhausted. We walked back to the hotel and crashed- a great 1st night though!
Our hotel, The Venetian
3 comments:
It is 4 hours behind us :)
nope- 2 hour time difference between VA and LV
No fighting children.....
Post a Comment