Saturday, August 2, 2008

July Wrap-Up

I feel like July just FLEW by! Time for some updates indeed!

My temp job at ODU started really picking up with lots of orientation sessions and prepping for the fall semester. A permanent position has opened up and I've applied, and now I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed and hoping it works out! I also got a chance to head up to Richmond and Roanoke to visit some college buddies and had a blast. And I chopped off a lot of my hair! :)

Damien has been hard at work as well, but will likely start striking at work starting tomorrow- he works for verizon fios and is part of a union. The Union's contract with verizon expires tonight and negotiations regarding health care, benefits, mandatory overtime, and fair wages have completely stalled out, so it's almost definite that they will strike. How long? Who knows! D is actually looking forward to a little time off, but hopefully it won't last too, too long- if you want to follow along, the union posts updates on negotiations on their website here.

Lots of stuff is coming up soon for us too. Our four year anniversary is quickly approaching and we will be moving into a larger (2-bedroom) apartment just a few miles down from us. It's just a mile walk to the beach so I'm super stoked! We're both hoping to stay put in this place until we eventually buy a house in a few years.

And now for some pictures!


Finally chopped off all that hair- so nice & light now!

Paul & Dee - soon to be newlyweds!!
On the porch of their new Richmond home after closing!

On my trip to Roanoke I went hiking in the Cascades with my girlfriends. At the start were some flowers with TONS of butterflies everywhere- the video doesn't do it justice- it was like the entire lawn was fluttering!


Hiking the Cascades

So hot! But soooo pretty!!

Dee & Lindsay - My Awesome College Buddies!!

The hike ended at a nice waterfall and we waded in to cool off, but it was really COLD!!!!

Post-hike Cheezin...

Cascades Waterfall


Group self-portrait with the waterfall!!

No comments: